Thursday, January 10, 2008

Israel...

As you may know, this year I am taking part in a life-changing internship with Teen Mania’s Honor Academy. So far, this has been the most challenging, motivating and inspiring five-months of my life. Everyday is a new experience with friends, in my ministry placement, in the classroom and with the Lord. He is constantly challenging me to examine my words, thoughts and actions as He quietly shapes me more and more into His likeness.

The greatest thing that I have gained from this adventure is a deeper understanding of who I am, who the Lord is and who others are. As I sat with Him in the woods, the Lord gave me a picture of my life - redeemed. As I sought to see why He has saved me and protected me, He revealed that it was not anything I have done that drew Him to myself, but just simply me. He purely has this overwhelming love for me that I cannot explain and can barely comprehend that has called Him to be my Rescuer and my Redeemer. So through this understanding of myself as rescued and redeemed I began to see the Lord as my Savior and Redeemer. And through His eyes, I am beginning to see others as His rescued ones. And as my Lord and Savior’s beloved, I desire to walk with Him and share His love with others. I desire to give them a picture of their lives as He sees them, and as He has done for me.

With this in mind, I have been given an amazing opportunity to reach out to the people of Israel. For 17 days, we will travel to Gethsemane, the Western Wall, the Mount of Olives, Jericho, Ein Gedi and more spreading the love and message of Christ. We will be spending the majority of our trip in Bethlehem, Israel ministering in Arab refugee camps, sharing Christ’s life-saving love with them. I am thrilled to be able to share the hope He has given me with His very own people.

But the unique thing about going to Israel is that I will get to learn more about God’s heart for His people as well as more about Him. I will walk where Jesus walked and see the places He saw. Just being in His Holy Nation is an opportunity to gain an experiential knowledge of Him and His word. Wow.

I would love it if you would take this journey with me. I will be in Israel from April 11th through the 27th, but for me, this adventure begins now. As I begin praying, fasting and fundraising for Israel, I would be thrilled to have your support. I know that not everyone can support me financially, but your prayer covering means so much more to me. If you would commit to lift me up in prayer these next few months, I would greatly appreciate it.

However, being in the Honor Academy, I do not have the ability to work and make money to pay for this trip. The cost is $2,900, which I need to raise by February 17th, but the first half of my funds need to be turned in by February 1st. I would ask that you prayerfully consider financially supporting me in my journey to Israel.

If you feel release from the Lord to support me financially in this trip, you have the option to pay with a credit card or a check. Information on how to send me your support is on the right hand column of this site. >>>

Thank you so much and know that your support will not only affect my life, but the lives and eternity of countless others. Please keep in touch with me throughout this journey. I will be posting regularly with more information about the trip, my life and my financial status. You can leave comments here or email me at katherine.gwozdz@teenmania.com. I would love to hear from you!

Again, thank you so much for your love, support and encouragement!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate that is really cool that you get to go to Israel .it is really funny because the youth group here is going to Israel too.(i am sure you already know but i thought i would remind you) i am so excited for our trip. i just really cant wait. just the fact that i will be standing in the same place as Jesus and the places where all the bible takes place is just mind blowing! i really miss you. sarah is leaving tomorrow and the whole emtion of everyone is leaving me is happening agian. but i will get through it. i really love the book you gave me. i have started reading it and i am learning so much. me and noelle were talking one day at lunch about sw and stuff and we were thinking mabey when we are juniors we could start up our own "sw" thing. we were thinking of using the books you got us. i really like hers too. we felt like the topics were things we wanted to teach to girls and learn better our selves. at that lunch we started thinking of ideas and verses and everything. me and noelle are going to do a bible study with just us to see if we could do it and just to practice this year. i am really excited. i think of how much sw and you and nicola have ment to me and influenced me, it makes me want to do that for other girls. i love you so much. i will be praying for you luv paula